Image Map

Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Fiver: Ridiculously Romantically Optimistic Songs

m a bit of a waffler.  Somedays, the glass is half-full. Other days, it's half-empty.  Sometimes the music I listen to influences that perception; and sometimes it's the other way around.  Lately, I've been listening to some crazy optimistic and mushy songs (they appeal to what's left of the hopeless romantic in me).  Check out the top five feel-good tunes on my playlist.

1.  "I Just Haven't Met You Yet" - Michael Buble



First, I want to go to this grocery store.  Second (and less importantly), I really want to believe this applies to my love life, but I'm not so sure.

2.  "Meant To Be" - Melissa Polinar



I first heard/saw this song during one of Ernie Halter's living room web casts.  I loooved it instantly even though the skeptic in me tried to pretend it made me sick.  I'm thrilled that Ernie has a version on his latest CD, but will always have a soft spot in my heart for Melissa's rendition. 

3.  "Until You" - Dave Barnes



I have loved this song for a very long time.  Dave is one of those artists who keeps trying to convince me love really exists.  Maybe it does.  I love him.  This video cracks me up, by the way, just because Alex Beh is in the starring role.

4.  "Brand New Love" - Serena Ryder



Love, love, love this girl's voice.  Yeah, there's that word again. 

5.  "Gotta Be Next To You" - Todd Carey



Todd had to make this list because he's probably the most upbeat person I've ever met.  He's always smiling, always friendly and always just seems happy to be where he is.  This song reflects the optimism he seems to constantly carry.  I wish some of it would rub off on me.


NOTE:  Sorry some of the vids spill over into the right-hand column.  I tried to fix it, but was unsuccessful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover