Image Map

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Couch 2 5K: Starting Week 5

I lingered on Week 4 for an extra day last week before heading off for my vacation.  Today was my first day back running and I almost went back to Week 4.  I wasn't sure I was ready for Week 5.  But I decided to try it anyway.  I reasoned that my body would tell me during and after the run if I was not ready, and if that happened, I'd regress to Week 4. 

I'm proud to say I didn't have to do that.  I survived Day 1 of Week 5, which includes three five-minute jogging intervals sandwiched with three-minute recovery walks.  I only felt like I wanted to quit once --- partway through the second running interval -- but I pushed through it and finished pretty strong. 

Day 2 (two eight-minute running intervals with a five-minute walk between them) is going to be harder, and Day 3 (one TWENTY-minute running interval) terrifies me. But I'm determined to do this.  I'm stubbornly set on pushing my body and challenging myself.  I know it'll all be worth it on Oct. 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover