Image Map

Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Fiver: My quirks ... just a handful of them

Everyone has quirks.  As Robin Williams' character says in "Good Will Hunting" -- "that's the good stuff."  Well, that's looking at it optimistically and with the rose-colored glasses of love.  Some people's quirks are just plain annoying.  I'm sure mine are to someone.  But, here are just a few things I do that are probably odd.

1.  I must sleep facing the door.

I don't know if this is a fear of an intruder or what, but it's impossible for me to drift off with my back to the entryway.  I'm not sure what difference it makes, honestly, as I'm such a sound sleeper, someone could probably bang pots over my head, and I wouldn't wake up.  Don't believe me?  Ask some of my college roommates how much trouble they had waking me up. 

2.  When I eat colored candies, I like to dump them all out on a counter and get all the colors to the same quantity (eating the extras).  Then, I eat one per color until they're all gone.

No idea what this one is about either.  It bothers me a little when I'm not at a desk or table and can't do this.  I suppose this is one symptom of OCD.

3.  If I'm going to a game, I love to wear a shirt boasting the colors and name of the team I'm seeing. The same cannot be said for concerts. I think it's kind of ridiculous to wear an artist's shirt to his/her show.

This hasn't always been true.  I used to be one of those girls who thought I'd get the artist's attention by wearing his face or name on my person.  Not true.  I only blend in that way.  These days, I don't much care about their attention, but it seems odd to wear a John Mayer shirt to a John Mayer show.  Now, I'll wear a John Mayer shirt to a Tyrone Wells shirt and vice versa.  That's like advertising, right?  Or does the musician think it's rude?  Hmm.  I don't really care.

4.  I hate the word "hubby."  I will never use it (probably because I'll never wed, but either way, I'm sticking to this). 

I don't know why I don't like it.  It just sounds odd to me.  I cringe everytime I hear or read it. It's right up there with the word "moist" as something that's just really irritating.  Oh, and to be fair, "wifey" is really annoying too.  P.S. This vanity plate is both creepy and awesome.  I don't think I'll select it for my BVU license plates though.

5.  I like ice in my juice. 

Apple, orange, grape, blueberry pomegranate...it doesn't matter, I want ice cubes in it.


What are your quirks??

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing when I eat colored candy. I think it has to do with not liking things to be uneven. When changing the volume on the television or radio, I have to have it set to an even number. Just one of my many OCD tendencies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm a very light sleeper. My dad would just have to open my door & I'd wake up. 2. Def an OCD symptom. ;)3. I agree about the band shirt. 4. My best friend can't stand the word moist either, funny. And I use hubby so will try to watch it around you at HC. ;)

    I must iron any clothing I wear. Even if I'm just going to the store.

    I like to fall asleep listening to talk radio. Usually it's Howard Stern but anything will do so long as it isn't conservative shows.

    Sure there's more but can't think of em now!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover