Image Map

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Soundtrack for my first 5K

For the past few weeks, I've been working to carefully compose the tunes that will flow through my head during my first ever 5K, which is THIS SATURDAY!  I can't believe it's here already.  It feels like my training just started, but here were are, just a few days away, and I think I'm ready.  Last week, when I finished my 25-minute run, I actually felt like I could keep going.  With time running out, I decided to skip Week 8 this week and go straight to Week 9 to prepare me for Saturday.  I'm also counting on some adrenaline and the other runners to propel me to the finish.  A good set of songs will always help too.  Here are the songs I've selected...

1.  "The First Day" by Todd Carey -- This song has a fantastic message about living your life in the moment and choosing to leave the past behind.  I love it.

2.  "We Fight Back" by Tim Halperin -- Tim wrote this specifically for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, so I knew I would be including it.  Plus, it's a great song and will remind me why I'm running.  If women can endure breast cancer treatments, I can finish a 5K.

3.  "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz -- This song is so upbeat, and I love it everytime I hear it on the radio.  So I decided to add it.

4.  "Find My Way" by Gabe Dixon Band -- You'll probably recognize this song from the opening scene of "The Proposal."  Because of that scene, I always picture moving through the wildnerness when I hear this song (Sandra Bullock was on a bike, but that's ok).

5.  "Live Like We're Dying" by Kris Allen -- Just another song with a great message.

6.  "Kill the Lights" by Britney Spears -- One of my favorite Brit songs from the Circus album.

7.  "Shady Esperanto & the Young Hearts" by Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers -- The chorus says it all: "I've got a young heart and I don't wanna get old."

8. "Keeps Gettin' Better" by Christina Aguilera -- Another one of my girls.

9. "Stronger" by Kanye West --  This is quite possibly my favorite Kanye song of all time.  I never get tired of it, and I think it fits this mission.

10. "I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull -- This song has a fantastic beat, and I think it'll be good motivation toward the end of the run.

11.  "Just Fine" by Mary J. Blige -- I remember hearing this in one of my Couch 2 5K podcasts, and it was so encouraging, I had to buy it.  Now it's a perfect choice for the last song on my playlist.


I really like my list.  What songs help motivate you through a run or workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover