Image Map

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

WLJ: Avoiding excuses

This week's loss was pretty small, although I'm happy there was any loss at all.  I didn't really deserve it.  I was pretty good about my points, but I only worked out once the whole week.

I intended to run last Tuesday, but the weather wasn't really cooperating, and for some reason I couldn't talk myself into any other kind of workout.  I finally went for a really good run on Thursday.  I intended to go again Saturday and Monday, but ... well ... on Saturday, I got up and decided I wanted to do things around the house instead, and Monday was really windy.  I didn't Shred at all, even though I had planned to do it at least twice.

Let's face it -- I am full of excuses about why I can't or won't workout.  It's not that I don't enjoy it.  I actually love how I feel when I'm done, but for some reason, convincing myself to start is a tough battle.  I also know I'll have better results if I get more active, but telling myself to workout and actually doing it are two very different things.

I can't be the only one who makes excuses like this. Although, if I am, maybe that would be a good kick in the butt for me.  Does anyone have any suggestions for steering myself away from excuses?

Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: - .8 lbs.
Progress to date (since 4/26/11): - 5 lbs.

Hooray, I've reached the five pound mark!  That's something to celebrate, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hell yeah, 5 lbs is something to celebrate! Go you!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover