Image Map

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Recipe: Parmesan Chicken Tenders

I love chicken strips, but they're not the healthiest thing to be eating.  I decided to try and create a WW-friendly version at home.

I started with these ingredients:

1.3 lb. -- Boneless skinless chicken tenders
28 crackers -- Almond Nut Thins (finely crushed)
1/8 c. --  Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. -- Cavender's Greek seasoning
Dash -- black pepper

After mixing the dry ingredients, I rolled the chicken tenders in them.  There was enough water on the chicken that I didn't need any egg whites for bonding material. 



I baked the coated tenders for 30 min. at 400 degrees.

Then, I enjoyed them with some ketchup.  Six tenders (9 pts.) + 1/4 c. Heinz Reduced Sugar ketchup (0 pts.) = A very good dinner. 


Oh, and I also had a Michelob Ultra (3 pts.), so that's a 12 pt. dinner.  Not bad.

You could probably use your own favorite dipping sauce, but don't forget to add that to your calculation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover