Image Map

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

WLJ: Out of town, out of routine

I'm not going to lie -- it is HARD to stay on track with WW points when you're on vacation.

Last weekend, I took a trip to meet up with a longtime internet friend for some fun and baseball.  I intended to keep track of my points and watch my carbs, but ... I didn't completely follow through.  I enjoyed a few beers at the baseball games, some pizza on the first night and Mexican and Greek fare. The worst part is that I didn't track everything.  I'm pretty sure I went over my daily and weekly points too.  Yikes.

I knew I wouldn't have my usual exercise tools with me, but I did try and get a little activity in.  On Friday, one of the bloggers I follow posted this workout for travelers.  Perfect.  I had the whole day to myself in my friend's condo while she worked, so I took a little time to do it.  It was pretty hard, and I felt good that I'd at least squeezed some of activity into my trip.

All things considered, I knew I wouldn't lose any weight on this vacation.  But I was pleased to see that number on the scale hold steady this week.  I can deal with that.  I'm back to my normal habits today, and it feels really good.  I had a blast on my trip, but I missed my regular workouts and my normal routine.


Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: +/- 0 lbs.
Progress to date: -10.4 lbs.
Non-scale victory:  My airline offered fresh baked chocolate chip cookies during my flights.  Four times, they brought them around.  And four times, I said no.  And during both layovers, I chose fruit and yogurt instead of Chinese or subs.  I view that as a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover