Image Map

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WLJ: Shaping up

This week's loss was a little more modest.  One pound.  Exactly one pound.  But since I lost more than 2 lbs. last week, and that's all that's really recommended, I suppose I should be OK with it.  (And WW sent me a little message about how losing more than an average of 2 lbs. a week could be bad for my heart ... oops!)  I was still a little disappointed until I put it into the Weight Watchers weight tracker and saw that I've achieved the 5 percent milestone.  Whee!  Milestones are good.  At least they make me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

Honestly, though, I was really pretty good all week.

I indulged a little on Saturday when a friend came to visit -- dinner out and a shared bottle of wine.  I had a heavy breakfast with her before she left Sunday, too, but I ate vegetables the rest of the day (I really wasn't hungry anyway).  I also baked some peanut butter banana muffins and ate two on Monday.  That might have been too many carbs, but the muffins were a huge hit at work, so they're gone now.  Whew. But, admittedly, I did use up almost all of my weekly points.  I usually don't use any of them.

I worked out like crazy.  I might be addicted to my Zumba game for Wii.  I have to force myself to take a day off from it every now and then.  It's just so fun, and it's such a great workout.  I also checked out a new arm workout.  At first, I didn't think it'd done any good, but a few days later, I cringed just raising my arms to style my hair.  Ouch.  I guess it did work.  My arms/shoulders/back are my biggest insecurities (after my double chin), and since I'll be wearing a strapless dress in a few months, I want to get that area in the best shape possible in the time remaining.

Emotionally, I'm in a weird place right now.  I'm just in a bit of a rut.  It's pretty common for me.  But I do believe emotions can affect weight loss, so I'll be doing everything I can to push it out as fast as I can.  I'm headed to California in a little over a week, and I want to look fabulous for the loves of my life (the Texas Rangers ... not that I really expect them to even acknowledge me ... ha ha).

Tonight, I have a neighborhood party, and I'm really looking forward to it.  I've lived in this town for a few months now, but I really haven't met many people outside of work.  Part of that is my fault -- shy and gone way too much.  So, I'm looking forward to seeing who lives around me.

Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: -1 lb.
Progress to date: -8.8 lbs.
Non-scale victory:  I earned 32 activity points this week.  Every week, I've started to see if I can earn more than the week prior.  Competition is fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover