Image Map

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekend recap -- CyHawk and Tim Stop

I don't know if I've mentioned it lately, but my fall is kind of booked up.  Beginning this past weekend, I am not free again until Oct. 29.  But if they're all as fantastic as this past weekend, you won't find me complaining one bit.

It began Friday evening with food, beer and a Tim Stop show.  I got to enjoy those goodies with friends, Jamie and Cindy, as well as my parents and my brother.  Good times, indeed.

Saturday, I got up early to head out to meet up with Jamie to tailgate for the annual CyHawk game.  It's kind of a big deal.  It took my dad and me more than an hour to get to the stadium (it's normally about a five-minute drive), but once I got there, everything else was good.  I enjoyed a few beverages, an omelette in a bag (so good!) and some laughs with Jamie and her ever-eclectic crew of friends.  When it was almost gametime, I met up with Alicia who was accompanying me to the game.  And what a game it was!!  I hoped for a close game, but didn't know what to expect from my Cyclones after last week's game with UNI.  The Hawkeyes put up 10 unanswered points in the first quarter, but the Cyclones fought back with 10 of their own in the second quarter.  They spent the second half trading scores and it was 24-24 when regulation ended.  I guess I got my close game.  And then some.  It took three overtimes, but my Cyclones emerged victorious.  Jubilation ensued.



After the game, I relaxed a little and rehashed the game (ok, so I lied on the relaxing part) with my parents.  We had dinner and then I headed to Des Moines for my second Tim Stop show of the weekend.  In case it's not obvious, I kind of adore him.  I'm so glad I discovered him two years ago.  He's one of my favorites, for sure. 


I didn't take the following videos, but the first one is one of my favorite tracks from his brand new album (which will be ready for consumption any day now).  I can't wait to get my own copy.  The second one is a fabulous cover. If you like what you hear, head over to his web site and show him (i.e. buy something, sign up for his mailing list, etc.).






All in all, it was a very good weekend.  And if it's any indication of the months ahead, this fall is going to be something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover