Image Map

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

WLJ: A little bit better

I was on slightly better behavior this past week.  Although, I still wasn't very good, so I fully expected a gain or a hold-steady.  I was surprised with yet another loss.  The universe clearly loves me right now.  Thank goodness.

I really was pretty good though. I only went out to eat twice.  I worked out four times (although I haven't gone for a run in almost two weeks ... oops!).  I got back to being good about my vitamins.  I drank plenty of water.

On the flipside, I did drink more beer in two days than I've had all month.  I also indulged in some desserts and tailgate favorites.

Somehow, I still dropped a pound.  Maybe because the bad behavior was confined to a few days.  If that's the case, it's another piece of evidence that I can do this.

I have accepted that I will not be to my goal weight in time for my friend's wedding in November.  And I'm OK with that.  As long as I'm still making progress, I will be happy.  The wedding is eight weeks away, and I'd like to drop 13 lbs. by then to be on a square number on the scale.  I think that's doable.  After that, I'll only have about 15 lbs. to go to get to my goal weight, and since I know the last few pounds are the hardest to take off, I'm going to give myself until Feb. 1 to knock that out.  If I get there earlier -- great.  If not -- I'll just keep going. It's important that I don't beat myself up in this process.  It's going to take some time to shed this weight.  It took me years to put it on, and it's not going to disappear overnight.

Overall, I feel pretty good about how I look right now, even if I'm not at my goal weight.  I can see changes in the mirror, and I feel them in the way my clothes fit.  I also feel like I have more energy, and I actually miss my workouts when I skip a day. 


Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress:-1 lb.
Progress to date: -12.4 lbs.
Non-scale victory: I resisted the urge to mindlessly nibble on foods while tailgating and celebrating this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover