Image Map

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Making a list, checking it twice

I bought three Christmas albums this week -- Michael Buble, She & Him and Matt Wertz.  I'll be buying Joey McIntyre's as soon as it's released.  I can't wait to add all of them to my ginormous Christmas music collection.  And I admit, I'm having a hard time holding off on listening to them.

I know, I know.  It's not even November yet.  And we haven't even gotten through Halloween.  But I can't help it.  Christmas is on my brain.  Maybe those retailers aren't so crazy for bringing out the holiday stuff in the Fall.  Ok, so I still think they overdo it a bit, and maybe they're to blame for my premature Christmas spirit.

Over the weekend, my parents asked me what I want for Christmas this year.  I've mentioned a new coffee maker in past conversations (although I haven't decided which one I really want).  Other than that ... I'm at a loss.

Christmas wishlists were so easy when I was a kid.  My brother and I would pore over the JcPenney's Christmas Catalog, marking pages and items.  Back then, I could come up with dozens of gift ideas for my parents.

These days, it's not so easy.  As an adult with a decent income, I tend to buy myself the things I want.  I try to hold off in the Fall months, telling myself to put them on my Christmas list, but I don't always succeed at that.

I also need to start shopping for all those VIPs in my life.  Some are harder to buy for than others.  Not in the sense that they are hard to please, but in the sense that I don't even know where to start.

So ... I need some help.  Some inspiration. 

What's on your Christmas list? 

How do you shop for the hard-to-buy-for people on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover