Image Map

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WLJ: Checking out?

You might have noticed I didn't post an update yesterday.  Or maybe you didn't.  Don't feel bad. 

Truthfully, I completely forgot it was Tuesday until partway through the day.  So I didn't weigh in.  I could have weighed in today, but I decided I didn't want to. 

In fact, I've decided to go a few weeks without weighing in.  I'll still be tracking and doing the things I'm supposed to, but I'm going to take a few weeks off from the scale.

Why?

Because sometimes it does more harm than good.

The numbers I've put up so far have not been impressive, and I'd hardly call my weight-loss attempts a success at this point.  Yet I looked at a photo of myself in the same dress from April and November, and I saw so much change.  So I think it's time for me to take a break from the numbers and just focus on how I feel and getting healthier.

My next weigh-in will be Dec. 20.  Marking it on my calendar now.

I will continue to chronicle my weight-loss journey -- telling you when I've been bad and good.  Accountability is good.  Guilt over numbers is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover