Image Map

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bonus NYE Entry

I was going to go to a friend's house tonight, but after an all-night stomach ache and a poor night of sleep, I decided to stay in.  So, I'm hanging with my parents watching Auburn/Virginia and sometimes "House Hunters."  There's just not much on TV.  But I guess they figure most people aren't watching.  Meh.

Anyhow, I spotted this survey on another blog and decided to do it as well ...


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? 
Ran an entire 5K (times two), went to Vegas, was in a wedding


2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really do resolutions.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several friends became parents in 2011, but no one that I'm super close to.


4. Did anyone close to you die?
My best friend's dad


5. What countries and/or states did you visit?

Minnesota (a lot), Wisconsin, California, Nevada, Maryland and D.C.


6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More confidence.  No less than two people this year told me I don't give myself enough credit. So I need to work on that.


7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
11-11-11 ... my best friend got married :)


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying my first home.


9. What was your biggest failure?
I think I let a few people down.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing significant.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
My house


12. What was the best thing someone gave you?
Geez.  I don't even know where to start.


13. Were you lucky in love or lucky in cards?
Neither.


14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Rangers baseball (until it made me really, really, really sad)


16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
"Moves Like Jagger"


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier? Yes
Older or wiser?  Both, I hope
Richer or poorer? Richer


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Running.  I wish I'd done more than two 5Ks.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about what other people think.


20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it at my parents' house.


21. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
I'm at my parents' house again.


22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
No


23. Did you fall out of love in 2011? 
No


24. What was your favorite TV program?  
"Friday Night Lights" came to an end, so I'll say that one.


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope.


26. What was the best book you read?
"The Help"


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
We The Kings (Thanks, John)


28. What did you want and get?
A new job/adventure.


29. What did you want and not get?
A Rangers World Series title.


30. What was your favorite film of this year?
"Crazy, Stupid, Love"


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I didn't do much on my actual birthday, but the weekend prior, I had drinks with friends.


32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The Rangers winning the World Series


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I don't think I have a fashion concept.


34. What kept you sane?
Friends.


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
My Ryan Gosling admiration grew, for sure.


36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ugh.  Don't want to talk politics here. 


37. Who did you miss?
I miss a lot of people.


38. Who was the best new person you met?
Shay ;)


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Never explain yourself -- your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe it anyway.


40. Quote(s) or song lyric(s) that sums up your year:
"I don't know if I'll make it, but watch how good I'll fake it."

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to all of your 2011 accomplishments, and I hope 2012 fills in all the missing pieces!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover