Image Map

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

WLJ: New beginnings

Well, the good news is that I haven't gained any weight since my last weigh-in (which was about a month ago).  And that's a bit of a small miracle considering all the Christmas goodies I've enjoyed.

And the bad news is ... nah.  Forget it.  There's no bad news.  Only good news.

More good news -- I joined a local fitness center.  They were offering a package deal that was just too good to pass up, especially considering I've been eyeing their facilities and classes for awhile.  To me, this was a good excuse to try them out at a discounted price. Also, winter is bound to make me want to stay home, so this will give me an excuse and the motivation to get out.

The package came with four 30-minute personal training sessions.  I had my first tonight, and I was both nervous and excited.  She started me out with ten minutes on the elliptical.  I didn't think it'd be that bad, but my legs were sore and shaky when I finished.  After that, we did some squats, push-ups (my arch nemesis) and some different ab moves before closing out with some stretching.  It doesn't sound like a lot, but I felt like it was a good start.  It was enough anyway.  I felt like I was going to puke when I got done.  Of course, I blame that on the heavy lunch (staff Christmas outing) I had earlier in the day.  All in all, it was a really good session.  I like my trainer, and I feel like her guidance and encouragement could be just what I need to push through this plateau and power toward my goal.

I have another workout with her on Thursday night, and then they're closed all of next week.  That kind of sucks because I'm off work all week and could probably really put some work in.  I guess I'll have to do the best I can at home.


Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: +/- 0 lb.
Progress to date: -13.2 lbs.
Non-scale victory: Signing up for the fitness center membership.  I'm really self-conscious about working out in front of and around other people, so I'm definitely testing my comfort zone with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover