Image Map

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Liebster Blog Award



I'm so honored that Monica at Amazing Times to Come nominated me for this award! It's a fun way to share and discover new blogs.


Rules: 

1. Choose Five up and coming blogs to give the Liebster award to (blogs must have less than 200 followers).
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award y linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they received the award.
5. Share 5 random facts about yourself.

Random Facts:

1.  My hair has changed colors - naturally - throughout my life. It was red when I was a baby, then gradually faded to white blonde by kindergarten. Sometime around 3rd grade, the red started coming back, and now it's closer to an auburn color.

2. My dad wanted to name me Carly (after the songstress Simon).  I love the name, but I think I would have been open to even more ridicule if my name was Carly Chaplin (too close to Charlie Chaplin). I haven't always loved the name I ended up with (just ask my parents), but I definitely wouldn't change it now.

3.  The easiest way for me to shut my brain off at night so I can sleep is to start making up a story in my head.  They're usually stories about me ... things I want to do or could only dream of doing. You'd think this would engage my brain more, but it does the opposite. I can usually be asleep in less than ten minutes with this trick.

4.  My first celebrity crush ever, according to my mom, was Richard Simmons.  So gross, right?  Not sure what was wrong with me.  The first celeb crush I remember having was Fred Savage.  Much better.  I like to think my taste in men has improved with age.

5.  I was 17 when I went to my first concert ever.  Michael Peterson (country artist) at Toad Hollar in Des Moines.  I went with my friends, Betsy and Sarah, and Sarah's mom, Terri.  We had a blast.  My parents were probably smart in making sure I got a late start on the live music bug.  I've been addicted ever since, and I won't even tell you how many shows and concerts I've been to.  Yet.


That was fun!!

And now, I nominate ...

Courtney @ Courtney Cakes
Melanie @ Sarcasm & Curls
Jaci @ Just Jaci

1 comment:

  1. Richard Simmons! That's great :) I also love live music as well!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover