Image Map

Monday, May 28, 2012

Music Monday: Miranda Lambert - "Over You"

I know many use this weekend as the unofficial start of summer.  A time to grill out, go to the beach, etc.  I will be doing some of the same things.  But I also encourage you to take a moment to remember why this holiday exists. It's not just another three-day weekend.

On some level, I've known the significance of Memorial Day all my life.  We went to the cemetery every year when I was a child, to hear the names read and the guns fired (I still jump every time).  When I was in middle school and high school, I recall traveling by bus to several area cemeteries so our band could perform patriotic songs during their ceremonies.  I knew it was a day to remember those who served our country and have passed on.

Although it's intended only to honor former military members, it's also often used as a day to honor all loved ones who have passed on.  I know my family decorates the graves of my grandparents (all of mine have been gone a long time) and other relatives around this time each year.

And so this song is dedicated to those who are missing someone today.  

Warning: You may need tissues.


Alright, now that you're done crying,
go enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover