Image Map

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Social

I've had a really peaceful and productive weekend.  With the exception of a Wal-Mart run on Saturday evening, I have not left the house since I got home from work on Friday.  That might not sound appealing to a lot of people, but as an introvert, I thrive on weekends like this.  It's the perfect way for me to recharge and get ready for a new week.  Also, it's not like I was doing nothing while I was at home.  I finished my DIY dresser project by Saturday evening.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out and I can't wait to share it with you via guest post on a friend's blog.  Stay tuned.  I promise to link it here.

Today, I will be all about reading and laundry.  I hope to get a run in too.

Before I can get to all that, let's check out this week's Sunday Social.

Sunday Social



Best trip you've ever been on
Probably my March trip to Arizona.  
 It had everything I love -- wine, good friends, baseball.  
I don't need much more.

\\\\////

Best idea for a girls weekend trip
Rent a hotel room in a fun city -- for me that would probably be Minneapolis. 
Shop and sightsee during the day. 
Dinners and drinks at night. 
Lots of time to talk.  
Love it.

\\\\////

Best idea for a couples trip
I would love to take a roadtrip to the Leinenkugel's Brewery. 

And maybe catch a baseball game in Milwaukee.

\\\\////

Best vacation on the cheap
Become a tourist in your own town or area.
 Sometimes you discover or rediscover some great things.

\\\\////

Place you most want to visit
Brazil
 One of my best friends was born there, and it would be so fun to visit while her parents are still living there. 
I only have a few more years to get this done though, so we'll see if I can make it happen.

\\\\////

Vacation/travel necessities
Camera -- Obvious reasons.
Sunscreen -- I have to protect this ginger skin.
At least one really hot outfit -- I've never not needed one on a trip.
Comfortable shoes --  I regretted my shoe choices in Vegas last fall.
Room for souvenirs -- I always bring something back.

\\\\////

And now, after writing about all that, I'm getting the travel bug.
Too bad I'm poor.  So I'll have to stay put for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. Love that you want to take a trip to the Leinenkugel's Brewery :)! Summer Shandy is my ALL time favorite beer--I just wish it was around full-time. And love that you came out to AZ for Spring Training! The games are so fun--we made it out to Surprise to watch the Rangers this year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Arizona! I have family out there and go at least twice a year. Such a cool part of the country, especially if you're from the Midwest like me. I start missing grassy lawns after a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the weekends spent at home too. It's such a great way to unwind. And your couples trip sounds pretty amazing! I love going to ball games on date nights. Thanks so much for linking up for the blog hop, we were happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover