Image Map

Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's OK Thursday

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this week has gone really fast.  
Probably because I'll have house guests this weekend, and I've been busy preparing for that.  
Either way, I'm glad it's Thursday.  The weekend is almost here, and it's the day of my favorite link-up.

Its Ok Thursdays

It's OK ...

... to stop watching baseball for a few days after my team was eliminated.
I took this year's Rangers failure much better than last year's.
But it was still disappointing, and I just wasn't ready to watch more baseball.
I finally watched most of a game last night, and it wasn't too bad.

\\\\////

... to not have a preference about which teams win this postseason.
It's so weird watch baseball and not have a vested interest.
I don't do that very often, so it's a strange feeling.
But I kind of like the lack of stress and rage.

\\\\////

... to think Conan O'Brien is still hilarious.
I left the channel on TBS after the game last night and caught some of his show.
I forgot how much I love his intros and interviews.
I should try to tune in more often ... if I feel like staying up late.

\\\\////

... for a girl to pay on a date every now and then.
Maybe it's because I've been single and on my own for so long.
But I honestly don't mind paying  my own way at dinner.
Sometimes I might even pick up the whole tab.
 
\\\\////

... to enjoy going to bed at a decent hour.
Ever since baseball season ended, I've been in bed by ten almost every night.
I'm sure this makes me old or boring, but I don't care.
I love it and won't apologize for it.

\\\\////

... to think Neil Patrick Harris has gotten more attractive with age.
Seriously. I did not have a crush on him when I was younger.
But now?  Now, I think he's adorable and hilarious.

\\\\////

... that I have 50+ episodes of "Veronica Mars" on my DVR.
Someone recommended the show to me, so I started recording the series.
I'll catch up some weekend. If I ever stay home.
In the meantime, my DVR probably hates me.

\\\\////

... that I'm completely obsessed with the new Josh Hoge album.
Seriously.  Obsessed.
I cannot stop listening to it.
He needs to tour -- and come to Iowa -- soon.

\\\\////

What's OK with you this week?

3 comments:

  1. 9pm is my cut off time. I star shutting things off and climb into bed with iPad or book. Usually I don't make it to the 10pm news.
    Lame, sure. But then I don't want to kill myself in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you from the link-up! Love your blog! I am definitely OK with reasonable bed times and the whole baseball thing. I am usually not interested in playoff baseball, but I definitely am this year, since my Os are in it! :)
    I hope you stop by and spread the love!
    http://careerdesirestobottlesanddiapers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's OK that while I vote I really don't care for political debates, arguments or stupid commercials. :-)

    I need to work on the getting to bed earlier! I'm a terrible procrastinator. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover