Image Map

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Currently ...

My weekend has been busy, social, and very fun.  It's almost been good enough to do one of those weekend recap posts, but I have a hard time believing anyone really cares what I do in a weekend, so I'll hold off.  But that won't stop me from doing one of those "Currently" posts I've seen floating around.  See, my blogger narcissism isn't completely MIA! Ha.

Listening ... Stephen Kellogg's "Blunderstone Rookery."  I cannot get enough of it. 

Eating ... Watermelon.  I could happily eat my weight in it every summer.

Drinking ... Lots of water.  It's been hot the past few weeks, and with my workouts, I always like to make sure I'm adequately hydrated.

Wearing ... Shorts.  Seriously, it's the summer of shorts for what feels like the first time in my life.  I never used to like my legs, so I always wore jeans. Even when I was living in Texas.  But lately, I've been showing off my stems everywhere.

Reading ... "The Non-Runner's Marathon Guide for Women."  I'm not training for a marathon, but this has some good -- and hilarious -- running anecdotes and advice.  It's a quick and enjoyable read, but I just haven't had a lot of time for it lately.

Feeling ... Hopeful.  I'm still jobless, but for some reason I have a feeling it won't be much longer.  We'll see if I'm wrong about that.

Wanting ... A job.  Honestly, that's the only thing I want in life right now.  Unless someone can figure out a way for me to win the lottery without actually playing.  I'd settle for that.

Thinking ... About how excited I am to watch "Cupcake Wars" tonight.  Two local bakeries -- Creme Cupcake and The Cupcake Emporium -- will be going head-to-head.  I don't have The Food Network, but luckily my parents do.

Enjoying ... Time I've spent with friends recently.  Unemployment can be very isolating, but I appreciate the friends who have made time to make sure I don't become a complete hermit. 

Oh, and I saw this on Pinterest, and I want it ...

PIN



4 comments:

  1. Can you, eventually, post some of your favorite tips from the running book? I'd be interested in looking for that book...

    I'm eventually going to move to Hawaii so I CAN wear shorts everyday (Scott can come if he wants). Glad you like them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this Cupcake Wars you speak of!? Sounds like my kind of tv.

    I just cut a big ol watermelon into tons of pieces and devoured half haha so good because nothing is turning that oven on these days!

    Good Luck on the job search :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's your blog. Post them. It's like a memory board. When you are 80 you will look back and go...who are those people and why would I ever wear that hideous outfit? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover