Image Map

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A rare weekend recap

Unlike a lot of bloggers I follow (and adore), I rarely do weekend recap. Let's face it -- my life is just not that interesting.  My weekends are usually just a lot of catching up on TV and getting ready for the next week. 

This past weekend, however, was a completely different story.

Sami's Shenanigans

The fun started Friday night with the Beer, Food, & Wine Expo with Jamie.  We drank so many free beer and wine samples.  I wish I'd been taking notes because there were some really good ones in there.  Then we headed across the street for the P!nk concert.  I had not seen her since she opened for 'N Sync in 2000 and wow ... can she bring it.  Her show was packed full of great tunes, unreal stunts, and her fabulous vocals.  One of the best concerts I've seen in a while.

Here are a few photos from Friday ...

Clockwise from top left: Me in a mustache (from Travelers Brewery booth) // My favorite giveaway at the Beer, Food, & Wine Expo -- a Deschutes Brewery keychain/bottle opener // Photos from the P!nk concert.

Not pictured:  All of the food and beer I consumed // Tim Stop at The Gramercy with one of my college roommates and her husband.

+++++

Saturday morning, my college roommate, her husband, and I went to the Iowa Machine Shed for breakfast.  Their spread is unreal.  It was the only meal I ate all day, and it was really the only one I needed.  And like a bad blogger, I did not take any photos of the place or the food.  Just take my word for it.

In the middle of the day, I headed to Smokey Row (a favorite local coffee shop) to meet up with Jaci. I had some job stuff to talk to her about, and she had some things she wanted to hash out too.  We ended up staying there for almost four hours.  It'd been a while since we really had a chance to talk, so I guess it was long overdue and much-needed.  I felt a lot better about the things I needed to discuss after we left there.

That evening, I went downtown to meet up with Justin and Savannah at UpDown, the new barcade.  The place was super crowded, which makes sense since it's only about a month old, but they had a pretty decent beer selection (important to me), and there were a lot of fun games. I'd like to go back when I can actually get to a game to play it.  It was just too much hassle, so I mostly watched.


 Life-size jenga was a hit. (Yes, that's some GoldenEye going on in the background, and I think you can see the giant Connect Four too). My friends played Jenga for close to an hour before the blocks fell down.

I also ran into a co-worker. One I was convinced hated me.  But he gave me a hug and acted all excited to see me.  Work could be interesting today.

+++++

Sunday was a much more chill day. I slept in a little and then went to meet Rena at Caribou Coffee for some writing time.  As I've mentioned, I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), and I got a really good start the first week, but writing during the week is really hard, so I have to make up for it on the weekends. I got 7,000 words written on Sunday but only 1,000 today (yep, I was off work).  Sigh.  I'll try to do more this week and really buckle down next weekend.

+++++

See?  I actually had something of a weekend to recap.  I only wish I'd taken more photos to add.  Ah well.  Next time.

Oh, and tonight I'm going to a singles mixer type event, so hopefully I'll be able to get a good post out of that.

Life is pretty fun right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover