Image Map

Friday, January 24, 2014

Punching up my workouts

Let's get right to a little bragging.

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off.
Saturday: Zumba (30 mins.)**
Sunday: 3.1 miles with Greta the Garmin (35 mins.)
Monday: Kickboxing (45 mins.)
Tuesday: BodyPump (60 mins.)
Wednesday: Zumba (60 mins.)
Thursday: Yoga at home (30 mins.) -- I got some great links from Holly's post this week.

** I was supposed to go to kickboxing on Saturday with a friend but plans changed.  I ended up doing half of the Zumba class.  Half is better than none, right?

I'm really happy with that recap.  I was determined to make up for last week.  I think I nailed it. And I feel so much better.

As you can see, I also tried something new -- kickboxing!!

[pin]
I've been curious about the class for almost a year, since my BodyPump buddy kept mentioning it.  I also watched it from the treadmill one evening and I thought it looked like a lot of fun.  I finally got to check it out on Monday --- and it lived up to expectations.  Actually, it exceeded them.

The instructor was very helpful -- lending me gloves, showing me the moves, and correcting me when I needed it (which was often).  Even though I didn't master it that first night, I worked up a pretty quick sweat as I punched, kicked, elbowed, and kneed the weighted bag.  At random intervals, we also did push-ups, jumping jacks, and crunches.  It was a good mix of moves, and the 45 minutes passed really quickly.

At the end, I felt tired (in a good way).  I could tell I'd gotten an excellent workout.  It was pretty good stress relief too.  I really enjoyed hitting and kicking the bag!  The next day, I was a little sore (again, the good kind) and excited to go back.

Kickboxing has definitely been added to my exercise rotation.  I already bought my own gloves! (The borrowed ones made my hands smell like feet.  Ew!)

What fitness class would you like to try?
Which ones have you already tried and loved?

Oh ... One more thing ....

I'm collecting questions for a Q and A with my favorite trainer/blogger.  If there's something you want to ask but haven't had the chance or are too embarrassed/afraid, let me ask it for you!  Leave it in the comments or email me (unabashedlymemicah at gmail), and I'll take care of it.  Look for this in a future Friday post.


8 comments:

  1. good work! I wish I could come up with something fascinating to ask but my biggest problem is making time and working out even when it is cold. I gave up my gym membership and I really want to be more outdoorsy so I want to go out and do stuff even when it's cold but...it's cold! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for this! In a few weeks I'm going to try Cardio Kickboxing! I'm psyching myself up for it ;) & hearing that you enjoyed it makes me even more excited to give it a try! I'm glad you mentioned the workout question because I saw it on FB and then forgot, but, I do have a question. I'm curious as to how to not loose your boobs (or at least not the, um, perkiness?...) when you're loosing weight/toning up. I have had friends in the past who have lost weight and their boobs have suffered. While I'd be okay with loosing some size- I don't want to loose the 'shape' haha. Kind of a weird question BUT it has been on my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you love kickboxing! I took a "real" class here with gloves and all a few weeks ago, but it's in the morning, so I can't go on days when I have work (uh, everyday), but I started Bodypump this week and love it too.
    45 minute classes are my favorite kinds of classes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great workouts this week! Kickboxing....BodyCombat? I teach bot BodyPump and BodyCombat they are both awesome programs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss going to the gym for classes--so proud that you tried something new! You killed your workouts this week. great job girl! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Your consistency is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss being able to go to a gym that offers classes!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover