Image Map

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer is here!

Summer officially started on Saturday, so I'm a few days late with this to-do list. But I've already gotten to cross one thing off, so I figure that makes up for my tardiness.


::> Go camping. -- DONE!
So, I don't really like sleeping outside and I enjoy modern plumbing.  Thankfully, the friends I joined for camping last Saturday were able to accommodate this.  I got to sleep in a very fancy camper and there was a restroom with shower just a few feet away.  I wouldn't be opposed to going again and staying more than just one night. I liked getting away from the city and being near the lake was really relaxing.

++++

::> Go for lots of bike rides -- including a trek to the High Trestle Trail Bridge.
 Now that I have a fancy new bike, I need to enjoy it. I've only ridden a few miles so far, but I definitely have plans to wear the tires a little more over the next few months.

++++

::> Go for a walk on the Principal Riverwalk.
I admire this bridge every time I drive by. I need to stop there soon and really enjoy it.

++++

::> Go to a beach.
I should be able to do this when I go on a mini vacation later this summer.  

++++

::> Watch fireworks.
This is a summer staple. I love the colorful sparkle, the boom, and the crackle.  Fortunately, a holiday that features plenty of these is coming up.  The I-Cubs also have fireworks every Friday, so ...

++++

::> Go to an I-Cubs game. And maybe root for the home team.
Usually when I visit Principal Park, I'm cheering for the visiting Round Rock Express (the Texas Rangers' AAA team).  It'd probably be fun to cheer for the Cubs once in a while.

++++

::> Go to an outdoor concert.
I already have tickets to one.  And I'm sure I won't stop there. 
(P.S. The photo might be a hint about what show I'm going to.)

++++

::> Step outside my comfort zone.
This is a vague one. But I know what I mean.  I'll fill you in if I accomplish it.

++++


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover