Image Map

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fifty questions

Back in the days of MySpace and email chains, I used to fill out surveys like it was my job.  So when I saw these questions answered by Allie and Juliette, I knew what my Thursday post would be for this week.  This is how I spent my one free evening this week (last night).  I know how to party.  
------

1. What are you wearing? 
Red tank top and underwear with polka dots.  What?  Don't look at me like that ...
I might need this sign for my place.

2. Ever been in love? 

Yup.

3. Ever had a terrible breakup? 

Of course.

4. How tall are you? 

5'2"


5. How much do you weigh? 
Less than I did four years ago but more than I did two years ago.  Sigh.

6. Any tattoos? 

Three

7. Any piercings? 

Just my earlobes. I used to have my cartilage and belly button done, but I got bored with them.

8. OTP (one true pair, favorite fictional couple)? 

Marshall and Lily


9. Favorite show? 

I think this should be plural. Who has just one?  Parenthood, Nashville, Scandal, Grey's Anatomy, Big Brother ... just to name a few

10. Favorite bands? 

Actual bands? Ingram Hill, Delta Rae, Red Wanting Blue, Maroon 5 ... just the first few that came to mind.  I have a crap ton of favorite solo artists though.  If you've been reading this blog for a while, you've been introduced to them.

11. Something you miss? 

"Friday Night Lights"

12. Favorite song? 

Ha.  This is harder than the shows/bands question.  But at the moment, I am enamored with "Headphones" by Matt Nathanson 

13. How old are you? 
Thirty-four

14. Zodiac sign? 

Cancer

15. Quality you look for in a partner? 

And now I feel like I'm online dating again. Blech.  I guess I'm looking for someone with whom I can totally be myself and feel loved and valued.

16. Favorite Quote?



17. Favorite actor? 
This guy's been my number one for a while now ...

... but this one has been slowly gaining ground over the last few years ...
I might have a type.

18. Favorite color? 

Purple

19. Loud music or soft? 

If I'm working, I want it soft. If I'm running, I want it loud.

20. Where do you go when you’re sad? 

Sometimes I'll go for a walk or run to burn off the feelings.  Other times, I just want to be alone in my apartment.

21. How long does it take you to shower? 

Around 10 minutes, unless I need to shave my legs, then add a few minutes.

22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? 

I can go from pillow to ready-to-walk-out-the-door in about 40 minutes, and that includes publishing my blog post and making breakfast.

23. Ever been in a physical fight? 

Try again. I'm definitely not the friend you bring in case shit goes down. (This is Allie's answer, but I like it.)

24. Turn on?

Having a passion about something.  Not an obsession, but a strong interest and drive for something.  Also a great smile and good hands.

25. Turn off? 

Bad spelling and grammar. Someone who's inconsiderate.

26. The reason I started blogging? 

I was bored one day at work and knew it would take up some of that time. 2 years later, I'm still at it.

27. Fears? 

Driving next to semi trucks and pubic speaking

28. Last thing that made you cry? 

Stress

29. Last time you said you loved someone? 

Sunday at the end of my Skype chat with my best friend

30. Meaning behind the name of your blog? 

I guess I just wanted something that conveyed that I would always be honest and true to myself in this space.

31. Last book you read? 

"Data, A Love Story: How I Gamed Online Dating to Meet My Match" by Amy Webb


As an online dating veteran, I wanted to check out her experiences and insights.  I wasn't disappointed.

32. The book you’re currently reading? 

"Paper Towns" by John Green 
I loved "The Fault In Our Stars," and I'm anxious to read more of his writing.

33. Last show you watched? 

"Big Brother"  I loved the Zingbot appearance tonight. 

34. Last person you talked to? 

Vocally? Jaci.  Via text? Kam

35. The relationship between you and the person you last texted? 

Good friends

36. Favorite food? 

Right now, all I can think about is fajitas, so we'll go with that. 


37. Place you want to visit? 
Every MLB ballpark.

38. Last place you were? 

Before I came home, I was at work. Very exciting.

39. Do you have a crush? 

Yes.

40. Last time you kissed someone? 

Too long ago.

41. Last time you were insulted? 

To my face?  I'm not sure, but I can guarantee it's done behind my back plenty.

42. Favorite flavor of sweet? 
Ice cream - Vanilla
Cupcake/cake - almond/wedding cake

43. What instruments do you play? 
Flute ... and no, I never went to band camp!!!!

44. Favorite piece of jewelry? 

Two rings I got from my parents -- one for my 13th birthday and one for high school graduation.

45. Last sport you played? 

I ran earlier this evening. Does that count?

46. Last song you sang? 

I sang along with "Weightless" by Natasha Bedingfield during the cooldown from my run.

47. Favorite chat up line? 

I'm really not good at this.  <--- That's not the line, but it might as well be.

48. Have you ever used it? 

I'm guessing you're referring to #47, so .... obviously the answer is no.

49. Last time you hung out with anyone? 

Last week sometime.  I've been a busy girl.

50. Who should answer these questions next? 
Anyone who has a little time to burn.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love surveys :) I might steal this....

    I hate driving next to semis. Marshall and Lily are the ultimate couple! LET'S GO VISIT ALL THE BALLPARKS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun! I haven't done a survey in awhile! I might have to steal it too...

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover