Image Map

Friday, August 15, 2014

Making time in a busy week

This has been an exhausting week. 

I haven't gotten home before 9:30 a single night.  That includes one late-night dinner and girl talk with a friend from out of state and another night of celebrating a friend's birthday.

It also includes late night runs at the gym. (Yes, I'm milking the last week of my membership before I freeze it.) I was a little surprised I was not even nearly the only one working out at 8:30 p.m.  It's not my favorite or optimal time to be at the gym, but I needed to get this week's runs in.

[pin]
Needless to say, I'm ready for a little downtime this weekend.  And some good outdoor runs.  The treadmill was nice for pushing my pace a little, but I can only run in one place for so long.  Seems like four miles is about the threshold.  

[pin]

I'm looking forward to getting back on the trails tonight and Sunday.

+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Walked almost six miles at the Iowa State Fair. I'm counting it as a workout.
Saturday: Off.
Sunday: 4-mile trail run
Monday: Off.
Tuesday: 3-mile run on the treadmill
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: 4-mile run on the treadmill

After this week, I'll HAVE to make sure I get up on Thursday mornings for my runs.  Or move them to Wednesday.  We'll see how it works out.

+++++

2 comments:

  1. Good job for keeping up with the running.

    I've been beyond exhausted because I've been staying out WAY too late lately. But it's all for a good reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woop!! Get it lady! I love that quote about making time; you just have to. Everything else is excuses. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover