Image Map

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Stuff and Things 11/6

This is my first time joining Kristin's link-up, but I've been meaning to for a long time. I mean, Thursdays are all about the random, right?

Right. So let's get to it.

Kristin's Knook


First :: 
I want to wish my mom a very happy birthday.  She's one of my favorite people in the world.  I wish I was more like her almost every day.  Maybe I will be someday with a little more practice.
This is still one of my favorite photos of my mom and me.
+++++

Second ::
I invited a friend to join me at Zumba on Tuesday night.  She'd never gone before, but I think she enjoyed it.  This might become a Tuesday night tradition for us.  I would enjoy that a lot.  Having a workout buddy makes it easier and more fun to go.

+++++

Third ::
I have a very fun road trip coming up this weekend.  I'm riding a bus with a hundred or so other Iowa State fans down to Lawrence, Kansas, to watch the Cyclones to take on the Jayhawks.  Two friends are going with me as well and I'm sure I'll make some new friends on the journey.  It's going to be a long day, but I think it'll be a lot of fun too.
It's been two years since I took in a Cyclone football game with these two.
+++++

Fourth ::
I am almost one week into NaNoWriMo, and I'm still feeling good.  I had Tuesday off of work and was able to knock out about 6K words.  That'll definitely help me out since I know there will be a few days this month I won't have any time to write.  The story is starting to really pan out too, although I'm still nervous I'm not smart enough to write something like this.  I'll be sending bits out to beta readers next week, so we'll see what they say.

+++++

Fifth ::
I'm seeing one of my favorite music guys tomorrow night.  And it's my 200th concert ever (yes, I've kept a list).  It couldn't be more perfect and I'm so looking forward to seeing him.
Yep, it's this guy -- Tim Stop.




5 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds like a blast! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6K WORDS!! Are you freaking kidding me? Wow. That's amazing. I've been steady with the word count goal each day, but dang woman! 6k is so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there found your blog through the link-up!

    WOW, you wrote 6000 words in a day? I'm impressed! The football game sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on NaNo! I'm sure you're plenty smart to be writing what you're writing! Don't sell yourself short!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that a workout buddy is the number one trick to accountability!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover