Image Map

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

How do you Pinterest?

[pin]
I have a lot of boards on Pinterest, but I'm not convinced I'm using it correctly.  Or, at the very least, I'm not using it to its full extent. I mean, I have boards loaded with quotes I love, gorgeous celebrity guys, and outfits I wish were in my closet at this moment.

But I rarely actually make the things I pin.  Sad, right?  All those delicious recipes and cute crafts ... just sitting out on the interwebs.

I'm trying to be better about that.

Recently, I decided to add a "Made it" board, where I can keep track of the pins I've tried.  So far, it's all food.

Here are some of the recipes I've tried:

This was delicious!!  I made it for dinner one night and then had leftovers for a few days. 

Crockpot chicken noodle soup
I chose this because it looked like a simple recipe.  And it was.  But I used too many noodles and didn't end up with much broth.  I think I'll adjust that next time.

Crockpot ranch potatoes
I made these for a gathering with friends, and they turned out really good.

Strawberry shortcake no-bake treat bars
Finding freeze dried strawberries was a bit of a nightmare and they were more expensive than I would have liked. Other than that, these were tasty.


How do you use Pinterest? 
Do you have some tried and true Pinterest wins? 

By the way, I'm going to work on building my Pinterest closet at some point.  Any advice?  I'm not a fashion blogger or good at fashion at all, so I will take any and all input.  And I'm sure there's a tutorial on Pinterest as well. Ha ha!


6 comments:

  1. I think most people probably use Pinterest "incorrectly". I very rarely try any of the things I pin either. And instead use it more as inspiration than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my "Made It" board. It makes me feel quite accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried a few recipes but I am prob the opposite. I go there and get craft ideas and then remodel my house based on Pinterest. I just use it for ideas or inspiration. If I am running low on creative flow or just need a boost I run to Pinterest to see or maybe steal some ideas. I never copy anyone exactly I just incorporate a little bit of what someone else did and make it my own. I don't know, maybe there is no right or wrong way to use Pinterest. Even the recipes I don't follow. I make them my own. I add or delete an ingredient based on my taste or Joe or Olivia's and just make it work. My only problem with it is that I have way too many boards and can't find the stuff I pinned! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried a few things I've found on Pinterest, and have had a lot of luck and success. But I really think the emphasis goes on the luck.

    The Made It board is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to find the time sometimes to actually get to the making part. But I use Pinterest as my go-to for recipes and crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm I wanna make that Rosemary chicken!! I love Rosemary. Most of the stuff I have made is food but I got a lot of inspiration from apartments and decorating pins for when I moved! And I use my pinterest fashion board alllll the time--I saved a TON of pins to my computer so that I can choose an outfit to recreate on weeks where I just want to wear the same white tee and comfy jeans with tall boots to work every day haha.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover