Image Map

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Stuff & Things 2/19



Usually, tax time is a breeze for me but this year I've hit a big of a snag. My employer for one of my part-time jobs only took 8 cents out for federal last year. That's not a typo.  Eight cents.  In six months' time. I don't know if it's my error or theirs. I've tried contacting the person in charge of our tax paperwork, but she has not responded. I'm more than a little aggravated right now.

+++++

I almost always watch the Oscars, but I don't know if I will this year.  For one, I have a staff meeting for one of my jobs that evening.  Secondly, I haven't seen very many of the movies.  Then again, that's nothing new.  I'm sure I'll end up having it on and reading Twitter snark.

+++++

Pitchers and catchers report to spring training tomorrow, which means my love is coming back into my life.  That's right, I'm talking about baseball.  More specifically, Texas Rangers baseball.  I have missed those boys something fierce. Especially the two playing around in this gif (the other two are gone now anyway, sniff sniff).

+++++

That said, with everything going on, I'm thinking I will have to give up my baseball blog this season.  I couldn't keep up with it last year and I had less going on at that time.  Baseball still has my heart, and I'll still be catching Rangers games when I can, but I don't feel like I have the time to devote to writing about them.  I'm sad about it, but I think it's time.

+++++

I'm in week three of my altered work schedule at my full-time job.  On Thursdays, I work 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. so I can head to my brewery job and be the opener.  It makes for a long day, but I actually like it.  The traffic is lighter on my way to the office, and I get so much done in that first hour before everyone comes in and the phones start ringing.

+++++

There's a new subscription box service launching tomorrow, and it's one I'm really excited about.  Bookworm Box!!!  It will include two best-selling books signed by the authors and other swag.  All of the money goes to charity.  You can check out their Facebook page for more details and how to sign up. 


+++++

The other day a friend of mine stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work and saw his husband in line to pay, so he walked up and said, "hey sexy."  I'm sure you see where this is going, but ... that wasn't his husband.  My friend was mortified and flustered and I think the other guy was super confused.  And I laugh just thinking about how that scene played out.




9 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of the Bookworm Box. Totally checking that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA the last one oh my gahhh total mortification about that on both sides. LOVE IT I also love the Zach gif that fits perfectly. First time coming by and I'm like this is some funny stuff..thanks for the giggles you rock (now about all those jobs...you need a break!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had something like that happen to me at the grocery store too. It was hilarious! I always have very strange random things happen at the grocery store come to think of it. Good luck with your tax situation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to see NPH host this year, even if I haven't seen very many of the movies. Did they not take very much out because you didn't make enough for the year? That happened to me when I was teaching for the Red Cross as a second job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never watch the Oscars, so there's that. Lol. :) YAY BASEBALL! And we get to see a game together this year!! :) I'm gonna have to check this Bookworm Box page out. Neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been interesting enough to sign up for any of the popular boxes but I love the sounds of a Bookworm Box. Way more useful than a billion make up samples, thanks for sharing, I'll look into it for sure. I hope you get your tax situation sorted out! I was paid through a grant for 8 months this past year and it's creating some confusion since the organization I worked for didn't actually pay me so they can't issue me any sort of tax record. So now I need to get in touch with the grant people...hopefully it's an easy fix though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you work at a brewery? That's awesome! I'm going to start home brewing for fun and for blog material and because I'm not busy enough. I'm guessing you know how to stay busy too. How many part time jobs do you have? If you'd like to say hi, please email me at estherdavison@gmail.com. My blogger account is "no-reply" :(. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG the "hey sexy" cracks me up! Not the same, but I always wave at people and then realize it isn't who I thought it was! haha! Tax errors are the WORST!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See if you can find your paystubs that were attached to your paychecks. You can verify the amount taken out each paycheck. If it is their error, they need to reissue you a new W-2 and refile their documents with the IRS so everything matches in the computer systems. On to more fun things....need to go check out that new book box!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover