Image Map

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Weekly Reads, Vol. 21



Rena knocked out of the park again this week with "Waiting for that four-chair turn."  If you watch "The Voice," you'll get that reference.  Even if you don't, I think anyone who's faced rejection can relate.  I know I did.   Just a few years ago, I was laid off from two jobs in a seven-month span.  Both jobs were in communications -- the field I thought was my calling.  Those layoffs have effectively scared me away from any jobs in the field, and, if I'm being honest, they have shaken my confidence as a writer.  That might be why I haven't finished any of my projects since then.

I'm not a vegetarian (and I'm not sure I could be), but I have a few friends who are.  Thanks to Nadine at East &, I know what not to say to them if I want them to stay my friends.

I'm recently obsessed with Thai food, and curry in particular.  But buying takeout gets expensive.  Kristin at Kristin's kNook might have come to my rescue with this crock pot chicken curry recipe.  She also posted a great outline for keeping up with cleaning.  Maybe, just maybe, I'll get better about that as well.  My mom would be so proud.

Gabby at Living With a Boy (don't you love the "Friends" reference?) recently completed her first half-marathon.  She did great, and now I kind of want to do a Disney Princess Half.

Well, I'm off to help a friend move into a new house.  I'm super excited for her and look forward to many movie and wine/beer nights in her place.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out!
    And I agree on the rejection problem. I still have a stack of rejection letters...it took two years of interviews for me to get a job out of college. It's a hit to everything you believe you are.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover