Image Map

Thursday, July 30, 2015

With a little help from my followers

A few weeks ago, I mentioned I wanted to do a fitness challenge in August.  I need something to keep me motivated.

I browsed Pinterest and even looked back at past fitness challenges I've completed. None of them really appealed to me though.  Or at least they didn't excite me or seem like something I'd stick with.

Then it hit me -- I'm going to use my Instagram followers.

Each Sunday, I will post a funny photo related to an exercise (ie: lunges, squats, etc.).  For each "like" on that post, I will do one repetition of that move.  For the entire week.  And I will do this in addition to whatever other workout I do that day.

Want to help me?

Better follow me on Instagram then.

Make me do lots of reps.

In addition, I plan to run 35 miles during the month of August.  I chose that number because it's my age. I haven't been running much lately, so I feel like a mileage goal will help me out.

+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off
Saturday:  Off
Sunday: Off
Monday: 2-mile jog/walk during lunch

Tuesday: FitFusion
Wednesday: Yoga at home
Thursday: YouTube Zumba at home

Not a great week of workouts but better than last week, for sure.


1 comment:

  1. Hey...I LOVE this idea!!! I am in and will totally like your pics :) Very creative and motivational!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover