Image Map

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Weekly Reads, Vol. 48

What a week.  If you follow me on any form of social media, you know it wasn't a great one for me.  I faced a lot of disappointments, not the least of which was related to baseball.  My Rangers went out of the postseason race in a horrendous game that will probably be talked about for years.  I honestly think I could have handled them being eliminated in a regular game, but now I'm going to have to see and hear about it over and over. Sigh.  It broke my baseball heart, but trust me when I say that was not the only source of my down mood for the week. I finally bottomed out on Thursday after a good cry and an intense cleaning session.  My emotions are in a much better place now, and I'm looking forward to a better week ahead.

Anyhow, here's some reading material for your Saturday.


Sarah and I could probably watch sports together as I agree with nearly all of the points on her list of dos and don'ts for sports fans. I think the only one I disagree with is the point about wearing your team gear on game day but not watching the game.  I work three jobs and have to squeeze in other activities (grocery shopping, friend time, etc.) around my jobs.  Sometimes I sacrifice watching the game to do these things, but I still like showing my support by wearing my team's colors. I don't think that makes me a bad fan.

Bonnie wrote a great piece on the misconceptions about daycare. I'm not a parent, but I've heard a lot of these statements made and probably agreed with some of them.  I'm definitely rethinking all of that after reading Bonnie's post. And how cute is June?

I'm hoping to buy a house at some point in the next eighteen months. Jess reminds me of how house hunting is a lot like online dating I'll have to keep her advice in mind when it's time to tour prospective houses.

Finally, Steph wrote about getting her groove back after a bad mood Very timely.  I'm certainly working on getting back to me after a down week. Go tell her how you pull yourself out of a funk.

Happy Saturday everyone!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including a link to my Friday post.

    It's good to talk the funks out - we know we're not alone when we see struggle in others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm with you on the team gear on game day thing. Sometimes I'm busy and can't just sit at home watching the game, but I still want to represent.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover