Image Map

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Weekly Reads, Vol. 56

So ... I usually publish this post in the morning. But that just wasn't happening today. I went out with friends last night. And these friends are night owls. I should have known we'd be in for an adventure.



After their family Christmas party (I'm an honorary relative), we checked out the local brewery and then we actually closed down a small town bar. I haven't done that in years.  And I still had about an hour drive home.  So I got home around 3:30 a.m. and then got up a little after 7 a.m. for a coffee date with another friend. Then I went to try and finish up some Christmas shopping.  I'm just now sitting down with a chance to share this week's reads.

Related notes from last night:
- I am too old to stay out until 2 a.m.
- Drinking in small town bars is cheap.
- Guys are confusing.

Anyway ... onto some more interesting posts.


Helene started a new adventure called Blog In Between. She'll be sharing all sorts of blogging knowledge and tricks. I learned a ton during a recent webinar with her and Taylor (of The Daily Tay), so I'm very much looking forward to her new blog. This post on Squarespace is fascinating, and I'll definitely be looking more into it.

As someone who has tried online dating on and off for more than a decade, I confess I often grow weary of the pressure and expectations associated with it. My girl, Meg, seems to share those feelings, and I think I should adopt her latest approach.

Joey at Hodges Podges is killing it with her thought-provoking posts lately. I really really enjoyed this one entitled "Don't Should the Bed." YES!

Earlier this week, I reminisced about a moment 20 years ago. Christina at Easily Entertained also brought some 1995 nostalgia with lists of movies, music, and other popular trends from that year. It was definitely a fun trip back.

Taylor at The Daily Tay nailed it with her lamentations about productivity during the holiday season. The struggle is real.


And now it might be time for a nap before the Iowa State basketball game.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention and sharing my post. I have to say, taking the pressure off of myself about what is "supposed" to happen has made the whole jumping back in thing way more fun.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover