Image Map

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My word for 2016: Balance

I probably chose the safest word for this year.

Truly, I think it's the key to happiness and success. Though the word is vague, I plan to be intentional about how I live it. See my examples below.

What I eat
I need to be more mindful of eating well and fueling my body. My diet isn't terrible right now, but it can some improvement.

Managing relationships
I often put other people's feelings first, and sometimes that means completely ignoring my own. This, of course, usually leaves me feeling unappreciated, frustrated, and just plain hurt. And it's my own fault, so I need to start being more mindful about my actions.

Work life, social life, and home life
I've already cut my hours back at one of my part-time jobs. But I need to do more in the realm of watching my obligations and making sure I get much-needed solo time.

Spending and saving
I've gotten pretty loose with my money in the last few months. If I want to pay off credit cards and eventually buy a house, I need to get this under control.

I'm sure I'll keep adding to this list as the year goes on and I continue to think about it.

Do you have a word or theme for the new year?



7 comments:

  1. My word this year is joy. I spent a large part of last year feeling angry, jealous, and sad. I don't want those words to have the majority of control over this year as well. I want to feel and choose joy as often as possible this year. I also want to spread joy to as many people as I can in whatever way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do a word, but I love yours. I try to be mindful of balance all the time. It's harder than it sounds but really worth it when you can achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good word! Mine is growth, but I feel like balance ties closely into that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone spends and saves in a different way. I like to look for trends in spending so I'm keeping a list of everything I buy this month that's not bill-related.

    Also, try making one change in your diet at a time. I have more success when I concentrate on one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there is nothing wrong with using the word "balance." I think it's perfect. And your areas that you want/need more balance are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we could all use a little more balance in our lives. I think this is a great word!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm considering doing this for both my blogs, www.Vixensquad.com and www.Mommyneedsavodkabreak.com. How often do you post something related to your word? Ironically, balance is one of the top two words I am considering!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover