Image Map

Thursday, January 7, 2016

The first Stuff & Things of 2016



:: One of my best friends got me a Keurig for Christmas. I've kept an eye on them for years, but I could never quite pull the trigger. The model she got me is pretty compact, which is perfect for my tiny kitchen. I've only used it for hot cocoa so far, but I love it.


:: I bought this book for myself. I think it'll offer some good reflection. Maybe it'll even inspire some blog posts.


:: I start a new fitness program at my place of work next week. It's called Xtreme Revolution. Eight weeks of five daily workouts plus some nutritional coaching. There are almost 200 people at my office signed up, so it'll be a good way to meet some more people in my building. And the trainers are both great ... and tough.  I'm simultaneously nervous and excited about it.


:: I am loving my KEEP Collective piece. It showcases some of my passions and I love the arrow symbol for a number of reasons. And it looks so nice with the watch I got for Christmas. If you're interested in your own KEEP piece, let me know and I'll hook you up with my girl.


:: After I hit publish on my word of the year post on Tuesday, I kept thinking about it. And I came up with another area where I want to find balance -- my online/offline time.  I'm thinking about choosing one evening a week where I don't get on the internet at all. I think it would be nice to unplug every now and then. It'd mean some planning, especially with this blog, but I think I can manage. And I think it'll be good for me.

:: The new Rachel Platten album is fantastic. I'm particularly fond of this tune at the moment.



What's new with you this week?

4 comments:

  1. Some nights, like last night, I just shut down the computer by 7pm and do something else. Once in awhile you just have to say "enough".

    That Start Where You Are book looks interesting. Where'd you get it?

    Keurigs are life-changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rarely on a computer at night and not on my phone too much. I'm just wiped by the time I get home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guilty of being on my phone more than I should be, but I hardly ever get on the laptop at night or on the weekends. Not because I'm enlightened or anything, but just because after being on the computer all day at work, I just don't want to computer anymore when the evening comes around.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover