Image Map

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

If you're quirky and you know it ...

Everyone has quirks, right? I tend to think I'm weirder than most people, but I'm also my own worst critic. Check out a few of my idiosyncrasies and tell me what you think.



I save my favorite thing on the plate for last.
If there are meat, potatoes, and vegetables on my plate, I'm going veggies first, then meat, and then the potatoes. Yep.

I will not swim in water that is not completely clear. 
If I can’t see the bottom, I’m not going in.

At concerts, you will (almost) never catch me in a t-shirt bearing the name of the performer. 
I don't know why it's weird to me. It just is. 

Even though I love bone-in wings, I don’t eat them in public. 
Or in front of other people, really, because I feel like a caveman … er, cavewoman.

I eat grapes kind of like apples.
I gnaw at the skin, removing it completely before eating the inside of the fruit.

I hate listening to the sound of my own voice.
Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy talking.  But if you make me listen to myself talk --- ew, no. I recently filmed some videos for one of my jobs and even though I like how they turned out, I hate the sound of my own voice.

I sleep on a specific side of the bed (the side closest to the door).
I have a bed all to myself. I could totally starfish. But I usually just end up in the same spot.

I tell myself stories in my head.
I'm the star of said stories, and I call them daydreams. Oddly enough, they're a great way to shut my brain off so I can go to sleep.

My cats have middle names. 
Cleo Joy and Casey Hope.

Yep ... I'm weird and I own it.




4 comments:

  1. I used to eat grapes like that.

    Our dogs don't have middle names, but they have many nicknames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually listening to a podcast that does a Swipe Right/Swipe Left segment, and one of their statements was about wearing a t-shirt with the performer's name to that concert. Both guys agreed that this was NOT cool. So you're good there! ;)

    My cats don't have middle names either, but like Kristin's dogs, they have about a million nicknames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally save my favorite food for last.

    I never give my pets middle names, but when I have friends without middle names, I give them one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to savoring/planning out the last bite, sleeping on one side of the bed, and disliking the sound of my own voice. I just had to do similar videos for work, and had to listen/watch them repeatedly to do the editing, and I hated every minute of it. Oh, and pets having middle names. My dog's name was Spot Clifford (I was 5, and a big reader) and the cat is Keebler James Earl Jones :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover