Image Map

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Let's have coffee ...



If we were having coffee ...

... I'd probably sipping on whatever dark roast I have for my Keurig with just a splash of local cream (it's pricey but oh so worth it).
I love The Awkward Yeti.

... I'd tell you I'm kind of sad I haven't gotten to watch any of the Olympics this year. I don't have access to live TV, so I've missed out on the fantastic performances by Katie Ledecky, Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, Simone Biles, etc. Everything I know about the Olympics is what I'm learning from social media.
These Phelps memes are killing me!

 ... I'd probably also say I think people bullying Gabby Douglas on Twitter about her hair or not putting her hand over her heart during the anthem are ridiculous. They need to calm down and get back to looking at their own lives.


... I'd tell you at least ten people on my Facebook friends list are pregnant. For many, it's the first child and oh so exciting. I'm happy for all of them, but it is starting to feel like I'm in the minority of women who is not making that announcement. And may never get to. With my age and reproductive issues, having children may not be in my cards. Sometimes I'm sad about that. Sometimes I'm indifferent.


... I'd tell you I felt guilty saying "no" on Saturday when someone asked if I could work for them that night. I had been planning a lazy day with the boyfriend all week --- and very much looking forward to it. When a co-worker told me she wasn't feeling well and asked if I could take her shift, I felt very bad telling her I would prefer to have the night off. Fortunately, she found someone else, but I still experienced pangs of guilt all evening and at times the next day. I'm having a hard time telling myself that taking care of my needs (some downtime in this case) is just as important as being there for others.



... I'd tell you that you need to check out the show "Stranger Things" on Netflix. The boyfriend and I were looking for something to watch Saturday night and both of us had heard about the show from friends. We tried an episode and while it was good, we weren't quite sold. But by the second episode, we were completely hooked. We ended up finishing the series in less than 24 hours. I still have so many questions and can't wait for the next season.


... I'd share this funny story from my Sunday library shift:



What would you tell me if we were having coffee?


2 comments:

  1. Lolol! The geekiest season of The Real World! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I don't think I've ever put my hand on my heart during the National Anthem. From what I understand, that's not necessary. You put your hand on your heart during the Pledge of Allegiance. Maybe people are confused. But I believe that is optional during the anthem....

    2) I LOVE the Michael Phelps memes, too!!

    3) Sometimes, the first episode of a show is so awkward. I've found that they're weird after already knowing and loving a show AND can be misleading when you're beginning a show. The characters just aren't developed yet, and the cast hasn't really clicked. It's strange how the second episode can really change that chemistry, but characters always seem to keep evolving!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover