Image Map

Friday, May 26, 2017

My must-have apps

I'm not sure what I'd do without a smartphone. It keeps me connected to people (through social media as well as the basic phone function). It entertains me with games and social networking. It also helps me stay organized in life and on track with my fitness goals.

Here are a few of the apps I utilize on a regular basis:

Podcasts
Easy one here. I love music, but there are some days I need something more. I like listening to people talk. Sometimes I want to learn from them and sometimes I just want to be entertained. I've found a pretty good mix of these podcasts and I'm constantly adding to my subscription list.


My Macros+ 

I finally gave up counting calories and any kind of points. Now I'm counting macronutrients, namely protein, carbs, fiber, and fat. I'm still learning how to hit those numbers (or at least get close), but I wouldn't be able to do it as easily without this app. I'm learning so much about my food choices. It's worth every penny of the $2.99 price.



SworkIt
The trainers at my office told me about this one during Xtreme Revolution. They encouraged us to use it when there were no classes. I honestly only used it once during Xtreme. But I've used it a few more times since then. I like that I can choose upper body, lower body, yoga, or stretching and then set the time of the workout.  It gives you a set of exercises, walking you through each one and showing a demo then counting out 30 seconds. I think you can upgrade and change the intervals as well. But I'm fine with the free version for now.


AnyList 
I love lists. Crossing things off feels very satisfying. This app allows me to make lists and share them with people (who must also download the free app) so we can both edit the list as necessary. It has truly been a savior since my move-in with Sean. We use it to keep track of groceries, the weekly cleaning schedule, and any other things we need for the house. I've heard you can upgrade for a few bucks to be able to upload recipes which then populate a shopping list. I haven't done that yet, but I might.


Clue
This one might be TMI, but ... I'm sharing anyway. I've always been a little irregular on my periods. Or at least it always felt that way. I no longer think that's really the case. I just don't think I was great at counting the days in my cycle. This app takes the math out of it. I just put in info and update it with data, and it lets me know about key points in my cycle. I really like it.


What are some apps you can't live without?


1 comment:

  1. I love the Clue app and found out most of my teaching team use it too (we are over sharers). I like the reminders - it's nice to know I'm not just bursting into tears for no reason.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover