Image Map

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sunday Sweats: Corporate Games 5K recap

The Des Moines Corporate Games are only in their second year and this is my first year participating. I really wanted to get involved last year, but none of the events worked with my schedule. I made sure to keep an eye out for sign-ups this year and I ended up getting on the roster for two events.

The first was yesterday's 5K. Part of me was excited for it because it was a race I didn't have to pay for and it was in an area of town I've never run in before. The other part of me was dreading it. I did not feel prepared (I haven't run as often as I want to recently).  Plus, the weather forecast told me it would be nearly 80 degrees with 70 percent humidity at race time. Ew.

When I arrived to check-in, there was a nice breeze and it was in the mid-70s. Not too bad. But in the next hour before the race started, the temperature rose and the breeze seemed to go away. Boo. Given the conditions and my lack of training, I told myself it was OK to go slow and steady. So that's what I did.



So it wasn't quite a 5K, but since this run was really just for fun, I didn't mind. I felt pretty good the whole time except for the dehydration goosebumps I got in mile two.

I have another month until my next race. Let's hope I can get some training in before then.

+++++

Last week's workouts
Sunday - Off
Monday - Off (I planned to run but ended up not feeling well, so I took the day off.)
Tuesday - Booty Camp Class + 2-mile run
Wednesday - 2-mile walk outside (My noon fitness class was cancelled with short notice. Boo.)
Thursday - Barre/Cardio Class
Friday - 10 minutes on stationary bike + 25 minutes of arms, chest, back, and core
Saturday - Corporate Games 5K

As always, be sure to check out Sunday Sweats posts from Holly and Christy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover