Image Map

Thursday, June 22, 2017

This & That 6/22

1 :: Casey had to go to the vet last weekend for a teeth cleaning. I knew there was a chance they'd also need to remove a tooth or two. Thankfully it was just one. She was groggy and pathetic-looking when I picked her up. I was a little more broke when I picked her up. (The cleaning was covered on her wellness plan. The anesthesia, tooth removal, pain meds, etc. were not.) Good thing I'd been putting money aside for my wedding dress. This only set me back about two weeks.


2 :: It's funny how social media has made us somewhat less social. I'm guilty of it. Whenever I find a dull moment, I'm on my phone. I'm trying to be better. When I'm out with friends, I usually put my phone away. Or at least turn it upside down in front of me. I love Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., but I'm trying to be more present with the people around me.


3 :: The Des Moines Arts Festival is this weekend. I volunteer on the event management team. This means I'll be spending a lot of time downtown. And with people. Good thing I took Monday off for some introvert recovery time. Also, after tomorrow, there might not be any new blog posts until Tuesday.


4 ::  I'm revealing the cover and the release date of my latest novel tomorrow. I hope you'll come back and check it out.


What's up with you this week?


1 comment:

  1. Oh the vet bills...I feel your pain.
    It's exciting that your book is almost ready!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover