Image Map

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sunday Sweats: Finding a running group



I cut back on races this year to save money, but I quickly found that I missed running with other people. I tend to run harder and push myself more when I'm surrounded by other runners of varying levels. I missed having that on a regular basis.

So I decided to try and find a running group. There are several social running groups in the city, but the times and/or locations didn't really work for me. Either they're too late or too far east.

The group search wasn't successful so I decided to try and start a running group. I put some feelers out on Facebook and had some interest. So I started a private group and invited the five or six people who said they were interested. I decided to start with twice monthly runs -- Tuesday evening and Saturday morning. The first one was a Saturday morning, three other people said they'd join me. No one else showed up. The second one was a Tuesday evening. Two people showed up and it was actually a pretty good run. July got hot and one of our runners is in her third trimester, so we ended up cancelling both of those runs. I've scheduled two for August, but no one has firmly RSVPed yet.

I'm a bit discouraged but I'm not giving up yet. Maybe summer is just too busy and people will be more responsive in the fall. I don't know. I'm going to give it a few more months before I abandon my FB running group.

What would you do in my position?

+++++

Last week's workouts
Sunday - Off
Monday - Total Cardio Xtreme (30 mins) + Outdoor run (30 mins)
Tuesday - WOD Strength (30 mins)
Wednesday - FitFusion (60 mins)
Thursday - Outdoor run (30 mins)
Friday - BodyPump (60 mins)
Saturday - Outdoor run (30 mins)

As always, be sure to check out Sunday Sweats posts from Holly and Christy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover