Image Map

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Sunday Sweats: Group vs. solo

Some people like to work out alone.
Some people like to work out in groups.
I'm one of those strange people who likes both.

This winter, almost all of my workouts were in group fitness classes.  And I loved them. I thrived on the camaraderie. I needed the motivation from the person next to me. I enjoyed having someone with whom to commiserate after a particularly tough sweat session. 
Taken after a dance fitness happy hour. So much fun!


Now that spring seems to finally be here, I'm mixing in some solo workouts. Namely, running. It's a great escape after a day spent talking to people (in person and on the phone). It's a welcome break from my computer and all social media. It's a nice chance to just be inside my own head and push myself. 
A recent running selfie.

I don't think I could ever go solely one route with my workouts. If I always worked out solo, I don't think I'd challenge myself as much and I'd probably get in a rut. If I always worked out in groups, I might get a little burned out from all the interaction. 

I like the balance of both, and I'm so glad the seasons have changed to where I can enjoy both.

Do you prefer working out solo or with friends/in a group setting?

+++++

Last week's workouts
Sunday - Off
Monday - Cardio with Colby (30 mins)
Tuesday - 2-mile run outdoors + a little walking (30 mins)
Wednesday - FitFusion (60 mins)
Thursday - Barre with Britt (30 mins) + 3-mile run outdoors (35 mins)
Friday - Flex Friday (30 mins) + 1 mile
Saturday - Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover