Image Map

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sunday Sweats: Back in business

I think I'm going to start these posts up again. They really helped me reflect on the work I did and motivated me for a new week. And since I'm starting Xtreme Revolution tomorrow, I figured it's a good time to get back at it.

This photo is from last year's Xtreme Revolution.

Xtreme Revolution is an eight-week program hosted by the wellness team at my office. They offer intense workouts as well as education on nutrition and overall health.

This is my fourth round of the program. It's always a great time of workouts, and I enjoy the feeling of camaraderie with co-workers as we cheer each other on and commiserate about soreness. This year, I've been selected as a co-captain of a team! I'm excited to get going. Sean is doing the program for the first time this year. Send your good vibes his way as I'm not sure he knows what to expect.

\\\///



Since we're in a new year, I also thought I'd share my fitness goals for the new year. Much like my other goals, I'm going to focus on a few things at a time instead of trying to do too much at once. Here are the first two things I want to tackle.

:: PR my 5K. 
My current best time is 32:34. I got within 30 seconds of that not too long ago. I think I can get there this year.

:: Hold a 3-minute plank.
 I really want to get stronger in my core, as I think it will help me in a lot of areas (including running). Late in 2018, I did a plank challenge at work and held it for 1:45. The winner held it for just over 5 minutes. That's probably too ambitious for me, so I'll aim for 3 minutes for now.

If you have any fitness goals, share them in the comments!
 
\\\///

Last week's workouts
Sunday: Off
Monday: Cardio with Colby (25 mins)
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Xtreme Cardio (25 mins)
Thursday: Cardio Barre with Brittany (25 mins)
Friday: Flex Friday (25 mins)
Saturday: 1-mile outdoor run (it was 55 degrees ... I had to get out!)

Victory of the week:  During Flex Friday, I increased my dumbbells from 5 lbs. and 8 lbs. to 8 lbs. and 10 lbs. My arms were definitely feeling it, but it was still manageable. I was pumped! I love the feeling of getting stronger.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover