Image Map

Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Fiver: Summer Songs

Every Friday, I will present some random collection of five things. It could be five things I love, five things I hate or just five things I'm thinking about that week. You never know.

I'll start with five my five favorite summer songs. There are a ton of songs out there with the word "summer" in them. I'm sure winter gets jealous, but really, fall should be jealous. No one sings about the autumn. I guess summer and spring just evoke more emotions.  Not all of these will directly reference summer in the title, but they definitely have a summery feel to them.

1. "Cheap Seats" - Alabama

Is there anything better on a summer night than a cold beer, a hot dog and a baseball game? I don't think so.


2. "Summertime" - NKOTB


Judge away, but I loved this comeback hit. It's catchy and nostalgic all at once. Also, I still have a mad crush on Joey Mac.

3.  "County Fair" - Chris LeDoux

Love love love this song.  It reminds me of my middle school and high school days and evenings at the county fair.

4.  "Summer Symphony" - Josh Hoge


This song is super sexy (especially if I ignore that Josh appears to be wearing an Iowa Hawkeye shirt in this video).  I hope he breaks it out at Hotel Carolina 2010 (the song, not the shirt).  Consider this an official request. 


5. "Beautiful Day" - Sara Haze


Her whole album is incredible.  But this song, in particular, sounds great as you're taking a drive on a summer day.  And, yes, here's another Hotel Carolina reference.  Too bad she's not back this year. :-(

2 comments:

  1. Fact: you can never, ever go wrong with some NKOTB. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on NKOTB. Def a fixture in my guilty pleasures catalog. I don't dig most girl singers for whatever reason but I do agree on Haze & am also sorry she isn't returning.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover