Image Map

Monday, August 23, 2010

Couch 2 5K: Week 4

Week 4 has been the toughest yet.  Of course, I should be saying that about each week.  The program is supposed to get progressively more challenging.  At the same time, I definitely see it working for me. 

The current week includes the standard 5-minute warm-up walk followed by a 3-minute jog, 90 second recovery walk, 5 minutes of jogging, 2.5-minute recovery walk, 3-minute jog, 90-second recovery walk, 5 minutes of jogging and, finally, a 5-minute cool down.

I don't think I have to say this, but those 5-minute jogs are killer. The second 3-minute interval is no picnic either.  It's a good thing I had already planned to stretch Week 4 a little (because of my vacation).  I could use an extra day of this program. 

I'm still enjoying running, but I would enjoy it more if I could figure out the issue with my right foot.  It starts getting tingly about 15 minutes in, and by the end, it's completely numb.  It's like I'm dragging a brick with me.  I've done some reading online, and some suggested loosening the laces.  This has helped some, but not completely.  There's another theory about toes crossing each other and needing something to keep them separated.  I'll look into that, I guess.  Anyone else have this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover