Image Map

Monday, October 4, 2010

Music Monday: Songs with an Autumn Feel

One of my favorite bloggers/people, Caroline, over at So Caroline Says posted her Fall-themed playlist on Sunday afternoon.  It was full of great songs, including some I'd never heard.  After reading her post, I spent a great deal of time considering what would be on my own similar playlist.  Here's what I came up with...

:: "Watching, Waiting" by Todd Carey - There's no official music video for this, but I always envision Todd looking out a window onto an overcast, autumn day.

:: "Dream Like New York" by Tyrone Wells - Much like the song above, I envision this in music video form.  Except in this one, Tyrone is strolling through Central Park as different colored leaves rain down around him.

:: "Wait It Out" by Tim Stopulos - This one DOES have a video, and it includes beautiful scenes of Chicago in the fall.

:: "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor - This song will always remind me of my first season of high school football in Texas.  It's a second religion down there, in case you were unaware.  I was living in Corsicana, home of the Tigers, and they came out to this song at every home game. 

:: "Summer" by Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers - Despite the song's title, I believe it has a very autumn feel to it.  Probably because the chorus talks about the end of summer.

:: "The Night Before Life Goes On" by Carrie Underwood - It's about two teenagers at the end of their final summer after high school.  They're preparing to say 'goodbye' as one is headed off to college and one is staying behind.

:: "Something's Missing" by John Mayer - The line about autumn in this just wrecks me. Every time.  This song is in my top five from the Mayer catalog. Without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover