Image Map

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

30 Days of Truth -- Day 12: Compliment Me on My Flaws

Day 12 -- Something you never get compliments on.

My favorite physical feature is my eyes, but I never get comments on them.  It would be easy for me to use that as my answer for today's truth entry.  But I don't think it would be the right one.  Of course I would love for someone to comment on my green eyes, but I would be even more touched by a compliment on something I dislike about myself or something that makes me self-conscious.


That probably sounds strange.  If I hate my chipmunk cheeks, my thunder thighs or my emotional nature, how could I expect others to love them?  That's just it. I don't expect everyone else to love them.  But someone might.  And that person will be the true example of someone who loves me at my worst.
 
I have actually been complimented on my cheeks once before.  A friend's boyfriend said he thought they were cute.  He said this without any prompt or provocation.  And he couldn't have known how much I hate them (because I'd only known him for a few months).  His comment caught me by surprise and completely made my day.  I'll never forget it, and maybe I hate my chipmunk cheeks a little less thanks to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover