Image Map

Sunday, November 14, 2010

NaNoWriMo Update -- Halfway Point

Well, National Novel Writing Month is half over. The goals I set for myself two weeks ago are probably not going to happen. 

I've had some busy nights and weekends, which really cut into my leisure writing time.  And shall we remember that I write for a living?  So sometimes, when I get home, I have no desire to look at anything in Microsoft Word.

But I know those are lame excuses.  I should have been more dedicated, and I'm going to try to do just that for the remainder of the month.  I won't get to 200 pages, but I can make significant progress.

Today, alone, I've written 3,100 words and seven pages.  I'm going to continue at it until about 11.  Then, it'll be bedtime, unforunately.

I'm currently on page 31 of my novel and I haven't even begun to really start the story. I have so many ideas for further down the road.  This one is going to be more detailed and complex than my first two.  At least, I hope that's what comes out. We'll see what my beta readers have to say.  I should send them another bit tonight.  You folks up for it?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover