Image Map

Thursday, December 2, 2010

30 Days of Truth -- Day 21: Anger is temporary, friendship is forever

Day 21 -- (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?


Oh man.  This would be a nightmare.  I'll say that much to start. 
 
I have had arguments with all three people I consider to be my best friends.  Mostly silly arguments.  Sometimes just a difference in point of view.  But the arguments never lasted long, and I know without a doubt that I have never been so mad at them that I stopped caring about them. 
 
Even if we'd had a knock down, drag out argument, I believe I would still rush to their side in the wake of this tragedy.  I would likely immediately apologize for the argument, even if it wasn't all my fault (and let's face it, no argument is any ONE person's fault). I would continue to come around in their recovery and beyond. 
 
It's also highly likely that I would completely forget about the argument in all of this as well.  When faced with the prospect of losing a friend this way, I'm sure whatever we argued about would seem silly and petty. 
 
The bottom line is this -- I have a pretty fiery temper (you can thank my Norwegian heritage) and a memory that refuses to let go of a lot of things I wish it would.  But my heart is bigger than both of those things.  That's what would win out.  My heart always wins out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover