Image Map

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

30 Days of Truth -- Day 27: I am the best thing I have going

Day 27 -- What’s the best thing going for you right now?


My life is moving along pretty awesome right now.  I have a job I'm pretty good at, a family I love spending time with and great friends who make my precious free time fun.  Interestingly enough, the best thing I have going right is me.
 
In the last few months, I've grown into a real acceptance of myself.  Sure, there are still things I'd like to change (I want to lose weight, improve my cleaning habits, be better with money, etc.), but overall, I've come to see what a great person I am.  There will be more on this in the final entry of this series, so I don't want to go into too much detail on what's so great about me.  I will say this though --  I've realized that I'm not perfect, but I never will be.  I can't ever achieve perfection.  The only thing I can do is be me -- the real, genuine me.  This is a scary concept, because I want everyone to like me, and I'm sure not everyone will like the real me.  I just have to take that for what it is and thrive on quality friendships over quantity.  The only friends I want to keep are those who love me for who I am and not who they want me to be.
 
Since this song kind of fits in with my entry (and I'm obsessed with it), I'll include this video.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover