Image Map

Thursday, December 9, 2010

30 Days of Truth -- Day 28: Not ready for a bundle of joy

Day 28 -- What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?


The first thing I'd do is get an agent and sell the book and movie rights to my life. This would be the most amazing story because there is no possible way I could be with child at this moment.

Okay, so just for fun, let's say it was possible. 

It would be life-changing.  I am not at all equipped to raise a child right now.  Yes, I'm thirty, an age when so many women are panicking about finding the right person, settling down and starting a family.  I am not one of those women, however.  I am so far from being ready for all that comes with being a wife and a mother.

Of course, who says you have to be a wife before you're a mom?  I am pretty good at being single, but I'm in no way capable of being a single mom. I know some females who have handled this, seemingly without blinking an eye, and I am in awe of them.  I don't think I could do it.

That said, I do hope having children is in my cards.  I look forward to sharing that experience with someone someday. And not just someone, the right one.  Someone with whom I would feel comfortable sharing my life. Ideally, we'd be married, but even if we weren't, we would forever be joined by the little being we created and raised. I better like him. And trust him. And want to combine our DNA.  So far, I haven't found that, so I'll pass on the baby for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover