Image Map

Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Fiver: Random questions...and answers

I found a LiveJournal community that posts five questions every Friday for people to randomly answer.  I decided to choose a random Friday and answer those questions instead of doing my usual themed post this week.  Enjoy!

1. If you could change your name, what would it be?

I love my name now, so I wouldn't change it, but that wasn't always the case. When I was growing up, I would have given anything to change my name.  "Micah" is not only a boy's name, but it was impossible to find barrettes, necklaces, etc. with my name on them. I remember being so jealous of my female classmates -- Jessica, Melissa, Angie, Jennifer, Alicia, Erica, Kari, etc.  They all had an easy time finding their name, but not me.  I believe I wanted my name to be Courtney or Whitney back then.  I'm not sure what the fascination with "ney" names was.

 2. What is the worst name someone has called you?

I've been called "fat," "ugly," "loser," "bitch," etc.  But I think the worst insult I've received wasn't really a name. Someone told me I wasn't a good American or Christian because of my political and personal beliefs.  Given the deliverer of that decree, I shouldn't have taken it with such weight, but for some reason I did.  It bothered me for a long time.  Sometimes, it still does.

3. If you could meet someone famous, who would it be?

I suppose the obvious answer here (if you know me at all) would be Jake Gyllenhaal.  He's my number one celebrity crush, but I'm not sure I would be able to even talk around him, so maybe that's not a good idea.  So maybe I could meet his sister, Maggie, instead.  I adore her (the whole family, really), so I think I'd enjoy the chance to have dinner or just hang out with her.  Then, after I relax around her, she can introduce me to her brother and we can live happily ever after.


4. How do you like to travel home?

Um, I drive.  I only work about three miles from where I live. I sometimes wish I could walk to work, but that would not be a safe choice. My route is a major highway with extensive stretches where there is no sidewalk.

5. What kind of phone to you have?
 
I am the proud owner of a Droid X.  I love it. I'm addicted to it. Don't make me live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover